Friday, August 21, 2015

Five For Friday- Ready or Not!



It is Thursday night as I am writing this, and thinking back over the week Monday seems like months ago!  Most of my week was spent pulling my room together, and I am happy to say it is ready for our Open House tomorrow!  (Just don't look in the closets...) :) 





But first, before school stuff, it's been a pretty rainy and humid week.  I think this rainbow ended right in our field.  Can you see the double one behind it??? 








Do the trips to Walmart ever end???  My new school is 10 minutes from one, and that has already proved to be pretty dangerous.  






Here are some of my favorite little details in the room...




My ribbon curtain project was successful!  Although, I am not sure it was cost-effective.  It took about 6 or 7 rolls of ribbon in different sizes. 





My classroom library survived the move nicely.  Here are the first few bins I put out, along with my Laura Numeroff book friends purchased over the summer from Kohls!




My desk at the front entrance of the classroom.  I know it is kind of ridiculous to spend this much time on the teacher desk, but I figured if I was keeping it I might as well dress it up.  It added so much character to the room! (I played around with the idea of getting rid of the desk, but I'm going to work off of it this year and maybe take the plunge next year.) 




Thank you Kinder Craze for this cute idea!  They were so easy and are ready for Open House.  The glow sticks are from Dollar Tree...four in a pack and the ribbon comes with it! 






Snack of choice the past few days.  I am happy to report that chocolate is readily available in my new school.  :)  It has been showing up on my desk in one form or another all week!






I am so excited to meet my students tomorrow and get the school year started on Monday!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment