Saturday, August 1, 2015

Five for Friday- On a Saturday


 
 
I would like to say I was busy on Friday....but, being that it is summer break and all, I really just lost track of the day.  ;)  So this is five for Friday on a Saturday. 
 
 

 
 
 
 

Just finished reading The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande, and I would really recommend it if you have English language learners in your class, or if you work with them at all or know someone who does!  It brought me back some of my former ELL students' stories over and over throughout the book.  Some parts are a bit mature and emotional at times...her father is an alcoholic and becomes abusive, but overall it is a very real picture of the trials that an immigrant goes through.  I loved seeing how the author rose above her difficult situation to get to the place that she is in now.  It also shows the power of a positive teacher influence in a student's life. 




 
Saw Dustin Lynch and Josh Turner at an outdoor state fair concert this week!!! 
 






 
 
 

 
 
Ahem, okay, back to teacher stuff.  :)  I took the Periscope plunge!   At first I was a little overwhelmed by seeing yet another social media outlet to keep up with, but I also saw how great it could be for personal professional development.  So, I took the plunge.  I'm still learning my way around it, so if you know any great teachers to follow let me know!






 
 
Had some pool days this week...yay!  I go back to work in twelve days so I am enjoying the time I have left until then.  I finally decided on a classroom theme...we're going with Apples and Chalkboard...not any sort of premade set in particular, but I'm going to put it together using what I have. 

 
 



And, finally, my Friday food favorite...these lime popsicles!  It had probably been a couple years since I had a popsicle and this summer I have rediscovered them. 

Don't forget to scope out the other Five for Friday posts at Doodle Bugs Teaching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment