Wednesday, July 29, 2015

My Week At VBS



 One of the perks of being a teacher is that we get a little extra time in the summer to use our teacher skills and talents outside of the regular classroom!  I exercised my teaching brain a little bit this week by working at our parish's Vacation Bible School.  The theme for the week was SonSpark Labs...we turned the whole space into a science lab and connected faith and science throughout the week!
 
My friend and I engineered the crafts area for the various age groups.  Some of these are modified from the packaged curriculum, and some we came up with ourselves.  If you're interested in seeing what we did, take a look! 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 
(By far, the Rocket Balloon Cars were the most popular activity of the week!  We extended the project over two days and had a racing tournament after they were constructed.  :) 
This activity would be fantastic for any science classroom...I found the instructions and template here at Scholastic.
 
 

 It was such a fun week and we're already thinking about next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment