Friday, April 10, 2015

Five for Friday: Fitness and Fun!








Playfit Education



Dr. Recess from Playfit Education visited our school this week!  He taught our classes structured recess games.  Unfortunately, it was raining when it was our turn for recess, but that didn't stop Dr. Recess.  I've never witness hallway recess, but that's what happened and the kids had a blast!  He also visited our faculty meeting to share six steps for a trouble-free playground.  You don't need a lot of fancy equipment or structures to have successful recess time!

Hearing his teaching philosophy also really challenged me to think about how I prepare kids for life by providing cooperative learning opportunities and teaching them how to problem-solve and work through their differences.  For some kids, the classroom is the only place where they will learn these skills!





Before...
After...






I FINALLY made it to IKEA and transformed our book bags to book boxes.  No more digging through piles of ripped bags!  We'll see how long the boxes hold up.  From what I understand after some research, they should hold up if treated well.  I reinforced them with tape and emphasized "gentleness" to the kids.





My kids discovered Kid President last week...



What are some other good Kid President videos to show a class?

(P.S...I just figured out how to embed a video!!  How cool is that??  Yes, my skills are limited...) 




No picture for this one, but report cards are definitely going to be part of my weekend.  I have to get a better system down next year.  I currently have a math folder and a reading folder for each student and filing and pulling papers for both subjects for each student is driving me crazy.  I'm thinking I am going to switch to a large assessment binder that will also include observational checklists and standards checklists on a class spreadsheet.  Hopefully that will make it easier to collect and enter data.  Any good tips for collecting and organizing data/doing report cards???








A little one left this picture on my desk at the end of the day.  I think she's got the right idea!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment