Sunday, April 26, 2015

Five for Friday (Sunday edition)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


This beautiful Monday morning rainbow was in front of me all to way to work.  The picture doesn't do it justice but it was incredible! 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
Random, but I hate salad.  True story.  Oddly the Chikfila Cobb salad is the only salad I will eat. Something about the sweet/savory hot/cold combination just appeals to me, and I was craving one last week!  I should eat more of these. 

 
 

 
 
I was supposed to get a new student this week, but he ended up not coming to our school. I made the mistake of preparing for him a day ahead of time and telling my kiddies he was coming. So I fielded questions about why he wasn't there/was he lost/was he in another grade/was he in Florida ALL.  DAY.  LONG.  I'm adding this to my "lesson learned from this year" book...remind me next time to surprise them with a new friend!

 
 
 
 





I will be so, so happy to finish my two masters courses this week! I have three final projects due.  This is an excerpt from my 36 book annotated bibliography. (The blurriness of the screen sort of gives you an idea of how my eyes feel when I work on this thing!)  They have been interesting and useful, but two classes in one semester was just too much. I was dismayed to see that my first summer class starts just a week after these end, so there won't be much of a break, but at least it's only one to keep track of. 
 
 

 
 
 
The Magic School Bus 01x01 Gets Lost In Space from ETeach3r on Vimeo.

We had a fun little "space day" on Friday!  Our language arts theme was about the sky. My students were hooked on the solar system so I looked around for some special space themed activities. I kept it pretty simple.  We made astronaut puppets and acted out a poem, wrote about Mars, played "over the stars" addition, made a count down rocket, and ended the day by watching "The Magic School Bus Gets Lost in Space."  I loved this book as a child so I was excited to find the movie online to show my class.  (Some cosmic brownies may have appeared during the movie, too!). They loved it! Unfortunately as usual, I forgot to capture some pictures.  I found a cute packet of resources here and added to it a little bit. 

Next year I want to try to focus more on extending our weekly themes on Fridays and making more cross curricular connections, especially in science and social studies. 

And that was our week! As we near the "thirty days left mark" I have allowed myself to begin counting down- only seven weeks of school to go' 

0 comments:

Post a Comment