Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday- What A Week!


 
 
It's been quite a week!  Today is the only day I have not been running around somewhere...from early in the morning until late at night.  Who knew summer could be so exhausting??  Read on for some of what's keeping me busy these days...
 
 
 




 
 
 
My back to school order of books arrived this week!  I'm working on my plans for the first week of school, and I think these will get us off to a good start.  :)
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
I've been helping with the craft portion of our parish SonSpark Vacation Bible School this week.  Here is a sneak peek of one of the crafts we did...more on that later!
 
 


 
 
On Tuesday I went on a tour of an island that is almost completely man-made of material that has been dredged from the Chesapeake Bay shipping channels.  What an amazing project...I learned so much!
 








 
They have a program for schools where teachers can adopt a terrapin and raise it in their classrooms!
 

 









 
Learn to Write your Name
http://www.playtolearnpreschool.us/2015/05/name-folders.html
 
Found these name folders through my various perusing on other teacher blogs and I'm so excited to start making them!  Last year some of my students were in a habit of mixing their upper and lower case letters in their name, or writing their name in all caps.  It took a long time to break them of this habit.  I knew I wanted to focus on starting the year off right away with reinforcing the use of lower case letters (other than the first letter of their name, obviously!)  They are going to be part of my word work station during the first few weeks of school.  I have the folders and ordered dry erase tape from Amazon.  Now all I need is my roster of names! 
 
 

 

 
And finally, sharing one of my new favorite snacks with you...brownies.  In a bag.  Mint flavored.  They are crispy and cookie-like...yum!  Who thinks of this stuff??!  If you think you will like these as much as I do, you can find them in Target in several yummy flavors! 
 
 


And that's it!  Next week will hopefully be a bit slower.  :)
 


5 comments:

  1. In all my trips to Target, I can't believe I haven't seen those brownies. They look so yummy! Looks like I'm headed that way....

    Yeehaw! Teaching in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend them. :) I was actually introduced to them when another teacher passed them around during a professional development session!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I found you through the linky. Cute blog! Those name folders are great! :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal,

      Thank you! I know...I'm excited to implement them! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Those brownies in a bag look like a great idea! I get so hungry reading 5 for Friday!

    Your back to school book picks are fantastic. I'm sure you will introduce kids to some of their new favorites!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete